I have worked with birth and pregnancy for many years so I understand that it requires a gentle touch and a deep level of communication between my client and myself.
Prenatal Massage Therapy
Prenatal Massage Therapy aids in the relaxation of the body and mind during your pregnancy
Pregnancy is a time when your body undergoes a transformation as you foster and nurture a new life. It’s also a period of strain on your body and may lead to exhaustion, discomfort, and lack of sleep. If you’re pregnant or planning to conceive, consider prenatal massage therapy as an integral part of your prenatal wellness plan. My prenatal massage sessions will dramatically improve your circulation, enhance relaxation, and reduce swelling in legs and ankles.
What to expect from Prenatal Massage Therapy
- Massage is helpful any time during your pregnancy or the post-partum period.
- Massage is safe during all phases of pregnancy.
- Your current pains and discomforts will be addressed.
- Massages typically last one hour and can be adjusted according to your needs.
- Specialized equipment is used to facilitate a comfortable side-lying position.
Benefits of Prenatal massage
- Increases circulation to all tissues including the placenta, helping to bring fresh oxygen and nutrients
- Reduces swelling
- Assists with sympathetic nervous system sedation, helping to soothe tension and facilitate rest
- Alleviates stress on the weight bearing joints of pregnancy: hips, lower back, spine, knees and feet
- Reduces and alleviates neck and back pain caused by postural and muscular changes of pregnancy
Contact Me Directly to schedule your Prenatal Massage Therapy Session
The manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being.
Therapeutic touch promotes physiological, neurological and psychological development and function in children.
Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and or swelling.